Monday, October 18, 2010

A Late Post Bout My Shoot With Madi

Sorry. I'm really bummed out bout how late I write about my current projects =p, I have this whole planned out strategy on how to write these posts and it kinda gets in the way of doing them on time LOL. I've noticed that I been writing alot bout cars too, both on my Tumblr and on here so Ima go ahead and make sure I write alot more bout other thangs hehehe (>.<)

The shoot with Madi was taken about a week and a half ago. I had the whole idea of her shoot based on how she looked. Out of everyone I know here, she has one the most unique features that are great to get creative with. Also the weekend before her shoot, I came from a beach trip with my family and friends. I saw a couple taking pictures by the water. The girl modeled a lava-lava having it up in the air and letting it flutter in the wind. That's when I automatically thought of Madi's shoot. I had it previously planned out with a whole different theme, but I was looking into the time we had to prepare. So instead of a high fashion shoot, I went with a tropical kind. I gave her images for inspiration and to show her a solid example of what I had in mind, and when she came to the shoot all prepared, she totally nailed the idea I had ^-^

The setting wasn't at my best interest in the beginning. We went to Micro Beach for the sandbar in front of Hyatt, but the tide wasn't as low as we wanted it. It was too late to quit though, and I was falling behind with new updates so I made use of what we had. As long as we had the conditions in our favor we were good.   


Madi had this wonderful summer dress in the beginning that I couldn't wait to take pictures of, I wish it was a lil less gloomy that day cause some bright blue skies with them puffie clouds coulda made a difference. Though the shots we got still turned out great. The image above is one of my favorites out of the whole set. We were actually stuck on poses until i asked her to kneel, then we got this awesome effect with the water and her dress, with her own poses she made this image look amazing ^-^

Then we took one with her and her lava-lava. This image was inspired by that moment I saw when I was at Managaha with my family. Thank goodness it was a bit windy or this shot could've been a total fail lol.

One of the images I sent to Madi were images of models with really long dresses by the beach. I couldn't believe she had one just like'em which we used for the goddess set. I re'used a location I used for the make-up set for Marie Sayson, but having the other side of the dead tree in focus. I really didn't mind since I know that this side of the tree I havn't took shots with. also I enjoy using every bit of my resources so it wasn't really a big deal to shoot again in a location I've used twice hehe.

One technique to be totally creative is just looking at one thing and finding ways to capture it in different ways so you have a well made variety of images. I really loved this dead tree cause of all the places on it that I could use for a great photograph. The image above was taken within its branches which created a beautiful frame around Madi's face.

It was seriously fun doing her shoot. I enjoyed all the outtakes and funny lil situations we had like her loosing a nail hehehe. In the end, even though it was really hot and I only got a few shots down due to artist block, I still had some great photos of her XD

I hope yah'll enjoyed the creativeness :)
To see more of Madi's set, please visit
my Deviantart Page.

THANKIES MUCHIES!
LOVE,
NIX

Creative Commons License
Tropic Set with Madi by Myrene Nikko Evangelista is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at myreikko.deviantart.com/ .

0 comments:

Twitter Facebook Delicious Stumbleupon Favorites More