Wednesday, January 26, 2011

LAAAAATE POST: Still Life 2010 (Self Work)

"My work simply needs more spotlight on here HAHA XD ".....
Ok, so the saddest thing bout me is not at all updating about my work on here -.-"Yeh, what's the deal?" you say, well deal is I've been busy, and still is and haven't updated my galleries, except my Facebook Fanpage which I hardly use the images from cause of the quality... Sooo, by the time I get on updating those galleries, you all will be able see the previous stuff I've been working on ^-^

Sorry again...
I'm trying my best to keep up =/

Anyways, as you all know, I am still currently trying to get used to my new camera.
Yup, the Nikon D7000 which I got last year. I haven't mastered it yet, got a loong way to go, but so far so good. I also can't wait for some projects I've been planning on, so hopefully those would help me get better too.

So moving onto the works...
I mentioned this set on my Project 365 post, it was the night I met up with a friend of mine (who also happens to be a well known local photographer down here)to learn some basic tips on getting started. It was a pretty fun night, just learning and stuff. At the same time we were both trying to learn our Speedlights, since we were both new to the SB-600, and I just acted like a lil kid in a candy store every time I learned something new about the equipment. At the end, I headed home to practice some more. Best way was to do some still lifes which I wasn't new at. I always did these shoots during high school for art class.

It felt really good to go back to doing something I used to do back then. Made me feel all happy inside hahaha. Anyways, my set up for this set was easy. I got out my white illustration boards as a backdrop and floor. Usually you'd use a light box for product photography, but as of right now, I ain't got one so I just had to compromise.

Now ever since I landed a job as an admin/graphic designer for The Athlere's Foot of Saipan and Guam and as well as Boarderline, I've turned into a sneaker junkie. I won't call myself a Sneakerhead cause I don't know all the technical stuff they do, but I love them sneaks just as much =D. One of my fave brands just gotta be them J's and when the SC-1s came out here, I had to cop a pair of my own. I wanted these blue ones for my boyfriend too, so we'd have something matching to wear when we finna meet, but we don't got the men sizes here =,[. Hopefully one day I'll get to get him the same pair online.
Jordan SC-1
Jordan SC-1
Jordan SC-1


Below gots to be one of my fave shots so far. The perfume was given to me by my sister back in GA for Xmas long ago. It sadly ran out, but I tend to keep empty perfume bottles cause they just looks soo cool haha. At this point I played with the light alot. The first pic though, I decided to play with a lil. Since my true passion is photo manipulations, I just had to do something on the graphic side with this one. In the end it turned out to be pretty killer ^-^
Miracle
Miracle


Then there is the Shiny Lil Thangs shot, where I just piled half of my collection of jewelry. Pretty great shot, but when I can finally afford a micro lens Imma try this out again. ^-^
Shiny Lil Thangs

Thanks for viewing the post yah'll!
Much love and peace,
Nix


Creative Commons License
Product Still Life by Myrene Nikko Evangelista is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.

0 comments:

Twitter Facebook Delicious Stumbleupon Favorites More