Monday, May 9, 2011

Vectors

I always loved digital arts, when I was introduced to it in high school, it was all I wanted to learn and do. I always took pictures, but I never called myself a photographer. Not because I didn't want to be one, but because my passion was more focused on a different field.

I got into graphic design in 07 all through the influence of Myspace. My first graphic works were just on my own photos, customizing and changing backgrounds, adding texts and special effects. Soon it became a mini job I had over the summer, and something I based my AP Art portfolio on. When I finally got used to all the basic techniques, I started trying to create bigger digital graphic based artworks. I did layout backgrounds, banners, cd covers and invitations, but by the time I got a job in a big corporate company, I started to learn the more difficult techniques to get a unique design.

Digital art and it's current stages are not common here on island. People who does it are either hiding or are only stuck to the basic simplicity of corporate design. I on the other hand wanted to change that. When I started designing for the company, I made sure it called out to their main and biggest customer base and what their products represented. I made sure I changed up how advertisements looked and feel.

After introducing my new designs and after a few tweaks here and there, I finally had a huge outlet to show off my work and skill and give a company an upgrade.
Because of the 3+ years I've been here doing graphics, I've earned some wonderful time to polish my skill and reach new levels. I made sure to research and study what techniques were gaining popularity and how to master them.

One of those techniques was vectors. It's were you use vectorized shapes to create a masterpiece, a whole different medium within digital arts.


In the beginning I got really frustrated because it took me some time to get used to how you had to create them, but I couldn't give up. It was one technique that would help me greatly especially because I do a lot of advertising work.

Now a days, creating vectors is easier for me. I'm still at simple stages, but I've really enjoyed seeing my progression. =D

Hope you guys liked this!
Stay creative ^-^
-Nix



Creative Commons License
  Aquatic Vectors by Myrene Nikko Evangelista is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.

0 comments:

Twitter Facebook Delicious Stumbleupon Favorites More